The Board of Trustees of Torrey Pines Institute for Molecular Studies is a group of dedicated professionals representing a variety of backgrounds and expertise. The Board actively participates in the guidance of the Institute towards fulfilling its mission while maintaining the highest standards of accountability.
As a public not-for-profit institution, the Institute takes seriously its responsibilities to maintain public trust and to integrate sound business practices into its daily operations. The Board not only communicates regularly with management, but also meets face-to-face on a quarterly basis to review the Institute's activities and progress towards its fundamental goal of conducting exemplary biomedical research to benefit mankind throughout the world.
Board of Trustees:
- Robin Offord, Ph.D., Board Chair
- Donald B. Cooper
- Weaver Gaines
- Robert S. Hodges, Ph.D.
- Richard A. Houghten, Ph.D.
- Tobin R. “Toby” Overdorf, MS, MBA
- Andrea Resnick
- Daniel R. Richey
- Mark E. Robitaille
- George B. Thornton, Ph.D.
- Patricia Wu, MBChB, FRCP (Edin), FACE
- Richard A. Houghten, Ph.D., Founder, President and CEO
- Donald B. Cooper, Chief Financial Officer
- Gregory S. Welmaker, Ph.D., Chief Operating Officer
- Pamela G. Houghten, Vice President of Administration & Outreach and Corporate Secretary
- Mary Holmgren, Assistant Corporate Secretary